Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Optimist

I never considered myself to be an optimist. However, I am not exactly a pessimist either -- I am somewhere in between. Lately, though, I have been excited about all the Old-Things-New-Again trend.


Yes, I am excited by the prospect of a 90210 spin-off. I am excited that Jennie Garth is returning as a guidance counselor at West Beverly High. I hope Ian Ziering gets a part on the show, so we aren't subject to anymore roles where he plays a Spanish explorer named "Cortes." Jason Priestley has a fairly new baby and a wife to support, and with the cancellation of his show, Side Order of Life, he could use the work. As I know from firsthand knowledge (name-dropper Cindy), he really enjoyed his experience on the show and most of the people involved, and I don't think he'd be adverse to a reunion.

I am sure Tori Spelling would do most anything to have her mug on TV again. And Luke Perry ... dreamy Luke Perry ... I just want to see him brood once more, this time, with feeling! And word has it that he has been approached by the show's producers, so, you never know!

I know, the "magic" of the old show can't ever be duplicated. I'm not sure what to make of Uncle Jesse's wife on the show -- and I really am confused by the great Jessica Walter being in the cast. Hopefully that says good things for the show in general.

Check back with me after the first show airs in the fall on the CW.

*******

Changing gears: I almost peed my pants when I saw the new trailer for X-Files 2: I Want to Believe. I want to believe it will be good, and I want to believe it will renew my love for David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. I have high hopes that it will come through for me. You know where I'll be July 25th.

Check it out for yourself and see:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If anyone can make sense of this new generation of West Beverly brats, I trust you to do so. I expect updates.

The Rabbit Wrangler said...

I also will be there, wanting to believe. The X-Files is my 2nd favorite show of all time (after LOST), and David Duchovny, I still love thee. Maybe we can have an X-Files Premier Party and go as a group!